Monday, June 24, 2013

What Denise Does? Who Cares?

Well, apparently some people do.  More often than I'd like, someone says to me, "What do you do when...?"  Or, "How did you find out about...?"  Or my least favorite, "What should I do about...?"

You see, opinionated I am.  Self-confident I'm not.  Here's why I don't want to do this blog:

  1. Laundry, dishes, feeding people and pets, cleaning out the van, and updating the other blog all need to be done (right now).  (Not entirely true since we've already eaten dinner, but the kitchen does need to be cleaned.)
  2. Fear of what my friends in the medical profession might think.
  3. Fear of what my vegetarian and vegan friends might think.
  4. Fear of what my grammarian friends might think.
  5. Fear of offending someone.
And here's why I feel like I must do this blog:
  1. People keep asking me, "What do you do when...?"  Or, "How did you find out about...?"  Or my least favorite, "What should I do about...?"
  2. I have to pass it on.  None of the things I "do" are my brilliant ideas.  They're all things I've read or been told by other people.  I suppose I might have mutated some of them, but for the most part, I try not to reinvent the wheel.
I'm an all or nothing kind of girl so when I realized I needed to make some changes in my life, I went whole hog.  That's just easier for me than trying to figure out where to start.  For example, when I was about 22, I decided to quit smoking cigarettes.  I figured if I was going to do that, I might as well cut out caffeine and start going to the gym six days per week, too.  The next two weeks were you-know-what, but they went by pretty quickly.

I know there are lots of other people out there who want to make some changes in their lives, but they're more of the "trying to figure out where to start" kind of people.  Which is ok.  There are also lots of blogs out there that do the same thing I'm doing here, but apparently people like to know someone personally who's been through or is going through the same things.  I say apparently because people keep asking me, "What do you do when...?"  Or, "How did you find out about...?"  Or my least favorite, "What should I do about...?"  (In case you're wondering why I keep saying that, it's because that's what I keep hearing.)

So some of this blog will be about living "naturally" (says the girl who colors her hair every 8 weeks), and some of it will be about how the children and I spend our time.  What I hope the rest of it will be is a conversation between you and me.

My Reason for Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment